GGI is a dynamic, full-service, and growing groundwater and environmental consulting firm located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We offer excellent career opportunities for talented professionals in a variety of disciplines like geology, hydrology, geohydrology, water rights and agronomy.
Glorieta Geoscience, Inc. (GGI) has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Entry Level Field Technician.
Where you will work:
GGI is located in beautiful Santa Fe, NM, and has been in business for more than 37 years. We offer innovative hydrogeological and environmental consulting services to a wide range of clients and agencies across the southwest. Utilizing our ambitious, intelligent, and detail oriented staff, we frequently help our clients achieve project goals. GGI offers competitive salaries and on-the-job training for all employees, with a comprehensive benefits package for qualified full-time employees.
Please visit our website at www.glorietageo.com to learn more about who we are, the clients we serve, the specific services we provide, and our publications.
What you will do:
- Frequent multi-day travel to sites across New Mexico to perform fieldwork. Estimated amount of travel is approximately 24 weeks/year.
- Perform field work in a variety of environments and in variable weather conditions.
- Groundwater sampling primarily at State permitted dairy facilities.
- Groundwater sampling at other facilities for regulatory compliance.
- Soil sampling at various sites
- Groundwater production well testing
- Data entry
- Perform routine equipment maintenance, inventory, and organization, and office maintenance as needed.
- Provide support for quarterly reporting and other technical reports as needed.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Associates degree in earth or environmental sciences, or experience in the field.
- Mechanically inclined and self-motivated, with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and AdobeAcrobat.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Valid Drivers License
- Bachelor’s degree in earth or environmental sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or ArcGIS
If you think you will be a great addition to our company and would like to apply for this position, please email your resume and contacts for three references to email@example.com with “Job Opening” in the subject line and mail a hard copy to Jay Lazarus, Glorieta Geoscience, Inc. P.O. Box 5727 Santa Fe, NM 87502 and write “Job Opening” on the envelope.