Water Rights Transfer

Under New Mexico law, there are a variety of ways a water right can be transferred or modified. Common transfers and/or modifications include: Change of Ownership, Change Place or Purpose of Use, Combine and Commingle, and Temporary Transfers. GGI staff are experienced in all water right processes, and can assist in developing an initial strategy that best suits the client’s needs, through verification of the water right (records searches and field verification), to filing the appropriate application, and providing technical and expert witness services if the application results in an Office of the State Engineer hearing or litigation.

Selected Projects

1. Santa Fe Canyon Ranch
2. Taos Area Water Rights (with OSE)
3. Zuni (Theis Analytical Model)